Thursday, May 23, 2019


Back in Alhaurín now... and above the feria is in town! Just the street shade to keep us cool... It started last night.  First the rocket fire, then I could hear the procession making its way down into town from the lower road near here... The giants and bands and all the fun of the fair! Sounded good, its usually the only part of the fair I go to... seeing the procession near the Cruz roundabout making their way down to the fair ground.  Sat eating normally... me that is!  Once 'they' get into the fair ground the street lights are lit and the fun begins! Half price for kids on the first night!

Banks and stores opening later today, and people seem very tired!!

For today though, I walked into town about 8am and had coffees with the 'boys', then went into my old work place and had a catch up with friends there, I strolled back home and came in, I had to find something that needs posting tomorrow and I needed the bags for the car...

which I then drove to Coín... I went first to La Trocha garage, the car needed a clean, in a big way, so for two euro it got the full works! Rinse first, then soap, then rinse again and finally shine wash!  All done by yours truly! It gets slippery underfoot, and the power hose sort of throws me back when I press the start on each procedure! But apart from probably looking hilarious, its good fun!  I drove out and into the La Trocha parking.

I had a wonder around Carrefour and the other shops up there.  Then I was off to Aldi for provisions!

When I got back home there was a neighbors car in the way, so I waited patiently, its always okay when its neighbors... they went and another came up behind me, who waited while I parked outside and got everything out... Because they live opposite and they got out when I drove off!

Now on here, charged up my VR, had lunch.. swept the terrace and going to ride a roller-coaster or three! Fight some dragons and help Laura Croft find some hidden treasure...


Quote: my Nayyirah Waheed (my new favourite poet)

Some people
when they hear
your story
contract,
Others
upon hearing
your story
expand,
and
this is how
you
know

TTFN
Marian

Poster of the May Fair of Alhaurín el Grande 2019

No comments: