Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Snow you know!


Mountains on all sides covered with snow, used to seeing snow on the Sierra Nieves, and of course Sierra Nevada.. but we are surrounded now all on sides by snowy mountains.

Walking into town this morning I stopped to stare at a car covered with ice! Such a normality in the UK I know, but ice in town.. not a normal thing at all.

After town this morning and coffee.. well, Colacao with friends, I got the car and drove out to Coín, a whiz around the bazaar and got firelighters again.. again, because I bought some yesterday and they wouldn't light.. I could smell the paraffin smell, but they wouldn't stay alight and therefore no fire.

I cleaned it out when I got home, the wood burner, and using kindling and the new firelighters all good now!

It has been frozen in the house, absolutely.

But now after the storms and snow, the sun is shining the sky is blue and all would be good except...

Trying to work out the logistics again of work, Covid test here before UK, a placement I can just go straight to, need two placements to be able to afford the two tests and any accomodation in-between them!

This is turning out to be an absolute nightmare.. 

TTFN

Marian







No comments: