Wednesday, January 06, 2021

Feliz año nuevo 2021

Happy New Year everyone.. a reboot to 2020?
I thought that might be a good idea, but actually no.. lets move on 2021 lets get life sorted, lets get inoculated, lets follow procedures, I know we don't want to, I know everyone wants to live a normal life, but until this pandemic is on its way out we can't, we have to try.. because it'll never leave us if people continue with spreader parties and people taking liberties the majority of us are not.



Couple of strange photographs.. When I was in the hotel in Heathrow, the dinner I ordered came in cardboard boxes... the desert was okay, I mean quite honestly I would eat banoffee pie from a box any time, but not so much the curry.. it was weird, and soggy and a strange thing in deed!




My view from the window that night, the setting sun over Heathrow airport and runway of terminals 2 and 3. If you look carefully there are people holding a demonstration, they were there late and the following morning came back!

Just spent a few minutes complaining about the shuttle bus to terminal 5... deleted it, lets keep negativity out of this year... as much as possible.

Its bursting with the energy we lost from last year, and I can't wait to get started, first thing is to clear this Chromebook and bin it, or do whatever needs doing with it, its had its day and needs restarting every few minutes... I also have one giant box of memorabilia to clear, one last box, and now I have my new bed I can move the bedding from downstairs storage and make way for the last things I won't get rid of, but need tidying. 

The weather is the coldest its been for a long time, but the fire is going, couldn't get the regular olive wood, they would only sell it by the huge sack so have eucalyptus, its been harder to get going, but its warmed the house today admirably.

The AC in the bedroom is warming that up at night, just for half an hour and I've ordered a small halogen heater to take the chill out of the rooms, its easily movable and I need to be warm, the thermometer in house, is reading 10 degrees c... a little too cold to be comfortable! 

Today is a fiesta, last night the Kings delivered the presents.. I completely forgot most stores are shut and neighbor and I went to Coín and La Trocha, but of course, everything is closed.

Tomorrow I am down to Fuengirola with another friend, and Friday will get out and about, just in case the town locks down again, it'll be the last time we leave for however long the Andalucian government say.

Although I have an appointment next week in Malaga, I have paperwork allowing me to leave the town if necessary. 

I am rambling, its this weather, its being home in our beautiful country, and wanting to drive and walk and spread my Bonelli wings hither and thither... 

TTFN
Marian

  
 

No comments: