Saturday, March 30, 2024


Car park mishap above, when I was walking through this morning, it doesn't take much, one car parked completely wrong the silver one on the right, and no one can come or go! 

Seen some weird parking up here over nineteen years but this was a whole new level-up!


When I had freed the end of the sofa bed, I found Pippa's toy here... The squeaker removed, of course, her top priority in all new squeaky chew toys! 

Can I throw it away? Who knows, one day eh..


Last night's procession started much earlier, and I didn't expect to see it at all with the rain that was forecast.



I can't upload the longer video, it's on my Facebook.. This shows a little of the view from my balcon last night ..

Before it got dark they were carrying Jesus Christ with the cross through our street this is normally at 2:00 a.m. and he was followed last night by Mary which is usually a different day altogether! 

My neighbor sent me a small video showing Jesus with the cross walking through town but he never came down our street first.. So definitely a shortened version of our Semana Santa procession.

And not long after it finished, the heavens opened!

So I'm thinking they had inside information!

Today was so busy at work, we had sold all our Easter eggs earlier on in the week and had a small second delivery of eggs yesterday, they had all gone within a couple of hours, I think if we had had another 30 or 40 we could have sold them all today, so many people complaining about us running out, and they were the very same people that complained when we got the eggs nearly two months ago!

Still, a very good day, we smiled and laughed all the way through despite it raining nearly all day, torrential at times and we had our own small river running through the back store room!

I think some of the customers thought we were drunk, we were certainly on a different planet most of the day!

I bought myself an Easter egg this year because..  well why not! I will surprise myself with it in the morning!

It is nearly 10pm now and there is definitely a storm brewing outside..

I love the sound of the wind and rain at night while I'm all tucked up safely in bed.

M.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.

Oscar Wilde's 'The Duchess of Padua

No comments: