Monday, June 29, 2009

some views here of the Grand Union Canal in Berkhamsted, was lovely morning and as i said nice to walk along the tow path there after so long...

some of the lived in barges here...


here the couple going on their way through the lock gate...

and looking back up from under the bridge down Lower Kings Road...

OK lots to tell really from just yesterday! but sorry so tired..... ok just kidding! well no i am tired and its late but i must do my job and get on with it ;-)

friends husband was taking me to bus station to get bus to Luton airport, he had gone out and i was almost in a panic thinking he wasn't going to get back in time! but he did, and got me down there immediately! so was early, anyway, the electronic bus table wasn't showing my coach so that worried me until i did see it, then it was ten minutes late!

it is only 20 minutes to the airport from Hemel and then it was off the coach and straight in and up to the Monarch counter, checked in my case and off up stairs to the departures lounge... (my case was a little over the limit but was ok?) once in the lounge i was hungry and splurged out on a wrap, muffin and cold drink, i say splurged as it cost nearly 9 pounds!!!

the screen showed the flight was leaving at 6pm instead of 5pm, then it got worse and changed to 9.30pm! nightmare! so six hours later, sitting there, finished my book, so started again? and ate my liquorice allsorts!

our plane had broken down, and although they tried to get it going they decided in the end to get another plane, so we had to wait for one to come from Palma! and on board and away just after 9.30pm.... flight ok, read and had a coffee before resting my tired eyes...

we landed at 1.05am, but still not going well as it was about 2am before we got out of the airport, the baggage wasn't on the carousel we were told to go to, and then about ten of us were still waiting when the conveyor belt stopped!!! my case was the last one out and me and the others had to walk to there to get our bags!

bed by 3am, and then Franco's alarm went off at 6.30, although we both fell back to sleep, ooops, i woke up about 8.20and woke him back up... then Franco had a bad time of driving to work with more traffic!

now i am tired... i had a job offer last week in England, but my flight booked and thoughts of being home with Franco and Pippa, i couldn't do it, stay away so long... and today had another interview, but this job just wasn't for me... maybe third time lucky eh!

ok... maƱana mi amigos...

time for dinner!

TTFN
Marian

No comments: